25 November 2013

Gratitude is the Attitude

So our District Leader was convinced that last Thursday was Thanksgiving, but I was convinced it was this week... and then we were all just really confused and thought we missed Thanksgiving! I guess that´s what happens when... you live in Peru. But I was happy to hear from your emails that I didn´t miss Thanksgiving! Haha good thing because I wanted to share a few things I am thankful for in honor of the Dia de Gracias:

1. My new toothbrush. My teeth feel so clean
2. An hour to study personally every morning. I have learned and grown so much from this hour everyday. I love it!
3. My Agenda. Sadly, I have been without my missionary Agenda for over a week now. The Zone Leaders still need to get more for this transfer. Ah! It´s crazy. I love that little book and miss it dearly.
4. Prophets, apostles, and the Seventies. They are amazing. I have read a few talks from previous conferences this week, I heard Elder Nelson last week in Cusco, and heard from the Area Seventy for a leadership conference. They really are called of God and guide us to do the work of the Lord. I am grateful for their guidance and wisdom to learn from. I´m grateful that we have modern revelation from God through the prophets today.
5. Hair Dryers. Yes, they are great if you want dry hair, but even better... they work as a great space heater! 
6. Hot Showers. Yes. I love them. And love them more when I don´t have them. 
7. Washing machines. I am grateful that we have someone do our laundry for us every week, but as we helped a lady in the ward wash her family´s clothes... and my fingers became raw from scrubbing by hand all those clothes... I realized how much I love washing machines. It´s like 1/8 the time and your hands don´t suffer haha.
8. Everything about the gospel! I love it! I feel more joy now than I ever have and I know that is because I am learning more about this gospel and my testimony is strengthened in the teachings of Jesus Christ everyday. 
9. Margarita and Hermana Flor. Our cook and the member we live with. They make me feel at home and so loved here. I love them!
10. Chapstick and lotion
11. My water bottle. Which I currently can´t find. whoops. 
12. The Book of Mormon. This book is so true and I feel just peace everytime I read it and teach about it. I know it´s true because of that peace I feel. It has stories that apply directly to our lives today. It testifies of Christ and gives us even more of his teachings and example.
13. To BE A MISSIONARY!!!!!
14. Cats. Had to throw that in here. People love cats here too... or at least some of them. Is it bad to say that by favorite investigators just happen to have cats?? ;)
15. MY FAMILY. I am so blessed to have the BEST family in the world. It´s true. I have the greatest siblings, parents, grandparents, cousins... everyone. I am especially grateful to have so much support and love from my parents and siblings right now. I love you all so much and feel your love and prayers here in Peru. I am grateful to have grown up in the gospel and in a loving home. THANK YOU for your examples and for your patience with me when I am crazy and do stupid things. I love you so much! I hope you all have a FABULOUS Thanksgiving and think about how incredibly blessed we all are. 

Eat lots of turkey and pie for me. I will be eating rice and probably the friend of the turkey...chicken. or Guinea Pigs. Not sure yet ;) Haha Love you!!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Love,

Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment