02 February 2015

Bambi

Hola Familia!

The time is going by really really way too fast. But I am trying to take advatage of every moment I have here. It has been a little hard this transfer because we haven´t had a lot of time to work in our own sector. We visit different Sisters now which means we have to travel a little more. We have high hopes and goals for what´s to come this transfer, but it´s a little hard when we people keep missing appointments, or people tell us they aren´t interested... mainly it´s hard because I feel like the progress is really slow lately. However, I realized something really important this week while I was in Puerto. I was on splits with Hermana Hunter (my sista from Laguna Beach), and we were talking about how the progress is so slow, although we feel like we are working hard and really giving it our all to be obedient. In our multi zone conference this week, the President mentioned how he has seen more challenges (mental, physical, spiritual, etc.) in the work and in the personal lives of the missionaries recently. He counseled us about trials and how they make us stronger... like the "refiner´s fire" (if you haven´t seen that mormon message yet, go watch it now. I promise you´ll cry). I believe that we are being tested as a mission. We, as a mission, have improved so much and become better instruments in the hands of the Lord, yet we are being faced with many challenges. I think that is because we have a greater determination to work harder and be more obedient. We are working harder to find families to teach... which ultimately is exactly what Satan is trying to destroy. So I think we are being tested. I may not be here to see many of the families get baptized that I have found, but I know that I need to keep working hard to find families, be obedient, and overall be diligent in the work. Whatever I do, however great or small it may seem now, will have a great impact in the lives of these people. 

Two funny things from the week:
1. We went to visit a family we had contacted the other day. They usually say they are busy and tell us to come back another day... but this day it just happened to start POURING down rain when we knocked on their door. So naturally, they had to let us in. They invited us to sit down and as I sat down on the couch... I looked to my left and saw a BABY DEER sitting next to me. A REAL LIVING baby deer. I thought that was a strange pet to have... and then the other sisters later told me that baby deer meat is really delicious. I guess it´s not a pet. 

2. We were teaching a family about the plan of salvation. Their youngest daughter is 4 years old and really alert. Well, starting off the lesson we explained that the plan of salvation helps us to know where we go after we die... she shockingly asked, "we´re going to die?!"... we simply explained that whole concept to her and I think her thoughts stayed there because later as we were talking about Adam and Eve, she all of a sudden asked, "But when are we going to die?". I´m not proud that I crushed this little girl´s dreams of living forever. 

I love you all so much and praying for your always! Excited to eat Cafe Rio and Ben and Jerry´s ice cream with you all soon. (hint hint)

Love,

Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment