16 February 2015

Agradecida.

Dear Family,

This is going to be short, but I want to let you know that I have extended my mission for another transfer. I know it´s all so sudden and shocking, but I´ve talked to president and we´ve decided that´s what´s best for me... maybe I´ll even extend for another transfer more... or another year or two or fifty... Okay just kidding. Yes, it´s true, this is my last letter home and my last week as a full time missionary for the Lord. 

As a mission, this week we made a huge focus in families... contacting EVERY single family in the street! Well, although we were in Valle Sagrado for almost 4 days visiting sisters, we came back with the excitement and determination to contact EVERY family we saw in the street! Well, with great faith and lots of prayers, in the first day being back in Cusco, we contacted 10 families... and by the end of the week we far exceeded our goal by contacting 13 more. I know that as a mission, this week of really focusing on families will bless us so much. I truly saw blessings and felt that Heavenly Father literally PUT people in our paths. One of the many blessings we saw this week.

I just want to express to you, my favortie family, the overwhelming feeling of gratitude I have for my Heavenly Father at this time. It has been absolutely the best year and a half of my life, and I am extremely grateful that the my Heavenly Father has allowed me to come to this specific mission to serve in His work. As you well know, I have learned so much. I have come to love the people I have served... The Ore family, the Monzon family, Evangelina and Fabian, Paddy and Emerson, Vicky, Violeta, Eulalia, Ribaldo, and so many more... every one of my companions, who have taught me so much... I have come to love the FOOD (what will be my life without rice and choclo con queso????)... I have come to love the dogs that try to kill me in the streets, the spiders and cocroaches in the apartment, and even the rain that just seems to drench us at the perfect moment. I have come to love herbal tea and plan on drinking that everyday for the rest of my life because it´s the cure for every illness. However, most of all, more than the food, beautiful mountains and jungle, more than the people, what I have come to love more than anything, is my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ. I absolutely know that they love me and love each of us. Heavenly Father has answered countless prayers of mine and blessed me in ways I could never fully express gratitude. I know that the gospel I have been preaching for the last year and a half is the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that families can be forever and families are central to the plan of God. I have come to know my Savior and feel His sincere and personal love for me. I have changed in so many ways and probably am going to be super awkward here in a couple weeks. But I don´t really care, I just feel grateful and happy to have served in the Lord´s work and have at least a small impact in bringing others to the truth of the gospel...and ultimately the fullness of joy that the gospel brings.

Thank you to each one of you for your support, countless prayers, and love you have sent me in this time. You mean the world to me! I love you so much! I´m excited to see you all soon! 

Con Amor,

Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment