01 September 2014

"I can hear the bells...

...Can`t ya hear them ring?"

This week was ahhh... so amazing.

Jhasmina and Yersin got married!! and right after the ceremony, he
changed into all white and was baptized. Despite the expected and oh
so unexpected chaos of that day (the couple almost bailing on the
wedding, food being 3 hours behind schedule, trying to fry wantans in
the light of a candle bc the power went out... are just a few
examples), we saw incredible blessings. One of them being the  Grandma
of Jhasmina coming to the rescue! We were through it all with Yersin
and Jhasmina... all their doubts, troubles, and being bugged by
eachother... and then the grandma walked in the room and said, "Hey,
look I have a few more years of experience under my belt. I think I
could help whatever is happening here!" And she did. It was an answer
to my prayers in this desperate moment. Honestly, everything was
perfect. I mean, not perfect at all, but that`s exactly how weddings
and baptisms should be! The most important thing was that they were
incredibly happy. After the wedding ceremony, they were beaming... ah
but it just got better after the baptism! Yersin bore his testimony,
and i think he said, "I`m so happy" like 20 times. I could immediately
see a change in both of them. They both made huge life changes that
day. Changes that took a lot of faith in the Lord. They chose to test
their own faith, and truly recieved so much joy from choosing to do
what the Lord wanted for them. As we sat and talked with them
yesterday, Yersin and Jhasmina just expressed the joy they feel.
Yersin told us he wants to help other people change their lives like
he changed his own through the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I learned from them a great lesson. Although we may be comfortable in
life, and things are going alright. You will never experience true,
pure JOY and HAPPINESS until you go through the trial of faith and try
your obedience to the Lord. There is always something more in store
for us. The Lord is waiting  on us to follow Him and then, when we
have shown sufficient faith, he will pour out the blessings upon us.


Con Amor,

Hermana Nelson
Peruvian leafs are cool.
I`m changing the world by converting my companion to "LOVING" sunscreen!
There`s a house that has this one plant that smells SOOO good. It
smells like lemon cookies or pinesol, lemon scent... ahh we love it.
So everytime we pass by that house we take a leaf of the plant... I
wonder if the owner has noticed that their plant is slowly shrinking.
ha. ha.
Yesterday this little kid came up to us and said, "Look what we
found!" Here, a present for you. Well, we took it and then didn`t know
what to do with it because it`s just a baby and can`t fly yet! I felt
so bad... and my companion, well really doesn`t love animals. haha so
while she voted to just stick it in a bush somewhere (and let it DIE),
I voted to take it to the member we live with and ask her what to do.
Luckily she has a soft spot for animals... and well, right now the
bird is in a cardboard box under my desk... The member we live with,
Julia, is going to buy a bird cage and take care of it until it can
fly. haha. Brought back memories to when I somehow convinced Mom and
Dad to bring a stray cat from Mexico home from us. Still don`t know
how I pulled that one off.

No comments:

Post a Comment