11 September 2013

Week 2

Week 2 sounds WAYYY too short. I feel like I have been here FOREVER, yet this week has gone by so fast! I can't handle the time warp I am in here at the MTC.
 
This week was so good. I have very little time because I have the greatest family and friends in the world and I recieved LOTS of emails this week!! Go you if you are one of those amazing people! If not, I still love you.
 
Here are the highlights:
 
1. District Bonding. Our district has made such great strides in our unity. We had an amazing little spiritual bonding moment last Saturday. We were all just sitting on the floor in our classroom sharing thoughts, feelings, and experiences that prepared us or lead us to going on a mission. Our distric leader is amazing. I won't tell his whole story, but he has come a long way and overcome some great things to be here serving a mission today. It makes me believe so much in the Lord's timing. I know I was supposed to be on a mission right now, at this MTC with this District. I know I will only see more evidences of the Lord's perfect timing throughout my mission.
 
2. Proselyting. Yeah that´s right folks. This girl went out into the big world and taught the little peruvians. Holy cow it was amazing! We were paired with different companions. Hna. Tomlison and I went to our first door and this young girl (15 years) answered. As we talked to her and tried to share our message in the best spanish we could, she would just start randomly laughing! Like histerically laughing!! Then I would just start laughing! Then my comp... and we're all just standing there laughing our heads off! It was so bizzare but so funny. We did have a great experience later that day. We approached a lady standing outside her shop. She was super interested in what we were sharing about the Book of Mormon. She pulled up two stools for us to sit at to teach her more. We were not speaking great spanish by any means, but I could feel and I know she could feel the spirit so strongly. She kept saying how interesting she was. I bore my testimony to her and told her how much the gospel has blessed my life. She said she would read the book of mormon, go to church, and meet with the missionaries. It was incredible. I know that it was definitely NOT our teaching skills or language that brought her to feel that. She felt the spirit and the spirit told her what she was hearing was true. It truly was an incredible experience and a testimony builder that the most important thing in teaching people about the gospel is having the spirit with us. As hard as it to believe sometimes, I know that the spanish will come. We preach the words, but the spirit teaches. That principle became so true to me during that experience.
 
3. UNITY. Just a little something I discovered this week. In 3 Nephi 2:14-19 it talks about how the Lamanites and Nephites were able to overcome more as they became one. I loved that and feel like I can apply that to so many things... my district, companion, family... etc. We have to be united in order to be successful. If we aren´t united, we won´t accomplish nearly as many things. Just some food for thought. I am so grateful to have such a great family. I read everyone's testimony that you all wrote to me and it was so amazing to see how strong you all are. I am so grateful for your examples and continued support of me going on a mission.
 
I loved loved loved loved loved... loved. loved. the emails this week. Thank you! Our mailbox has been quite empty since we´ve been here... just sayin. I love emails and letters and appreciate it all!! I love you and miss you all so much! I wish I could write more, but you wouldn't believe how fast an hour goes by when that's all you have.
 
Adios!
 
Con Amor,
 
Hermana Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment